ASIC Regulatory Guide 270: Whistleblower Policies
This download includes the ASIC Regulatory Guide 270: Whistleblower Policies with no mapped questions. Use this download if you just need an Authority and want to create your own question set.
This guide does not constitute legal advice. We encourage you to seek your own professional advice to find out how the Corporations Act 2001 and other applicable laws apply to you, as it is your responsibility to determine your obligations.
This guide is for entities that must have a whistleblower policy and make it available to their officers and employees, which are:
- public companies;
- large proprietary companies; and
- proprietary companies that are trustees of registrable superannuation entities (within the meaning of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (SIS Act)).
Whistleblower policies help:
- provide better protections for individuals who disclose wrongdoing (disclosers);
- improve the whistleblowing culture of entities and increase transparency in how entities handle disclosures of wrongdoing;
- encourage more disclosures of wrongdoing; and
- deter wrongdoing, promote better compliance with the law and promote a more ethical culture, by increasing awareness that there is a higher likelihood that wrongdoing will be reported.
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Type||Laws or related obligations|