Autonomous Sanctions Act 2011
Purposes of this Act:
- provide for autonomous sanctions; and
- provide for enforcement of autonomous sanctions (whether applied under this Act or another law of the Commonwealth); and
- facilitate the collection, flow and use of information relevant to the administration of autonomous sanctions (whether applied under this Act or another law of the Commonwealth).
All parts of the act are included:
Part 1 – Preliminary.
1. Short title
3. Purposes of this Act
5. Specifying a Commonwealth entity as a designated Commonwealth entity
6. Specifying a provision as a sanction law
7. Extension to external Territories
8. Act binds the Crown
9. Relationship with other laws
Part 2 Regulations to provide for sanctions.
10. Regulations may apply sanctions
11. Regulations may have extraterritorial effect
12. Effect of regulations on earlier Commonwealth Acts and on State and Territory laws
13. Later Acts not to be interpreted as overriding this Part or the regulations
15. Invalidation of authorisations
Part 3 – Offences relating to sanctions.
16. Offence—contravening a sanction law
17. Offence—false or misleading information given in connection with a sanction law
Part 4 – Information relating to sanctions.
18. CEO of Commonwealth entity may give information or document on request by CEO of designated Commonwealth entity
19. Power to require information or documents to be given
20. Information may be required to be given on oath
21. Offence for failure to comply with requirement
22. Self-incrimination not an excuse
23. CEO may copy documents
24. Further disclosure and use of information and documents
25. Protection from liability
26. Retention of records and documents
Part 5 – Miscellaneous.
Getting StartedEnter your getting started instructions here
|Type||Laws or related obligations|