Brazil - General Data Protection Law (LGPD)
This Law provides for the processing of personal data, including by digital means, by a natural person or a legal entity of either public or private law, with the purpose of protecting the fundamental rights of freedom and privacy and the free development of the personality of the natural person.
The discipline of personal data protection is grounded on the following:
- respect for privacy;
- informational self-determination;
- freedom of expression, information, communication and opinion;
- inviolability of intimacy, honor and image;
- economic and technological development and innovation;
- free enterprise, free competition and consumer defense;
- human rights, free development of personality, dignity and exercise of citizenship by natural persons.
This Law applies to any processing operation carried out by a natural person or a legal entity of either public or private law, irrespective of the means, the country in which its headquarter is located or the country where the data are located, provided that:
- the processing operation is carried out in the national territory;
- the processing activity is aimed at the offering or provision of goods or services, or at the processing of data of individuals located on the national territory; or (New Wording Given by Law No. 13,853/2019)
- the personal data being processed were collected in the national territory.
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Laws or related obligations