Cyprus - The Processing of Personal Data Law
This download includes the Cyprus - Protection of Natural Persons With Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and for the Free Movement of Such Data of 2018, there are no mapped questions. Use this download if you just want the provisions and you want to create your own question set.
This law states that:
- The transfer to a third country of any special category personal data requires prior notification to the Commissioner (Article 17 of the Law).
- The transfer of any special category personal data to a third country or to an international organisation, by a controller or processor on the basis of the derogations provided for in Article 49 of the GDPR for specific situations requires a DPIA as well as prior consultation with the Commissioner (Article 18 of the Law).
- Other than the above, consultation with the Commissioner is also required when the rights of data subjects are restricted by the controller as well as in the event of a decision to not notify a data subject about a data breach (Articles 11(2) and 12(2) of the Law).
- General Provisions
- Lawfulness of Certain Processing and Operations
- Restrictions of Rights and Obligations
- Impact Assessment During the Preparation of Legislative Measures
- Data Protection Officer
- Accreditation of Certification Bodies
- Transfer of Special Categories of Data to a Third Country or International Organisation
- The Commissioner for Personal Data Protection
- Processing of Personal Data in Specific Situations
- Administrative Fines and Offences
- Final Provisions
- Transitional Provisions
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Laws or related obligations