Do Not Call Register Act 2006
This download includes the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 only so there are no mapped questions. Use this download if you just want the provisions and you want to create your own question set.
The following is a simplified outline of this Act:
- Unsolicited telemarketing calls must not be made to a number registered on the Do Not Call Register.
- Unsolicited marketing faxes must not be sent to a number registered on the Do Not Call Register.
- Telemarketers and fax marketers have 30 days to recognise the registration of a number and to stop contacting that number.
- To identify registered numbers, organisations are able to check—or ‘wash’—their calling lists against the register.
- Lists are submitted, checked and returned with all registered numbers identified. To protect the privacy of registrants, organisations are only given information on the numbers submitted.
- The main remedies for breaches of this Act are civil penalties and injunction
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Type||Laws or related obligations|