PCI-DSS SAQ-C-VT v4.0 Assessment Template
Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) C-VT includes only those PCI DSS requirements applicable to merchants that process account data only via third-party virtual payment terminal solutions on an isolated computing device connected to the Internet.
A virtual payment terminal is third-party solution used to submit payment card transactions for authorization to a PCI DSS compliant third-party service provider (TPSP) website. Using this solution, the merchant manually enters account data from an isolated computing device via a securely connected web browser. Unlike physical terminals, virtual payment terminals do not read data directly from a payment card.
This SAQ option is intended to apply only to merchants that manually enter a single transaction at a time via a keyboard into an Internet-based virtual payment terminal solution. SAQ C-VT merchants may be brick-and-mortar (card-present) or mail/telephone-order (card-not-present) merchants, and do not store account data on any computer system.
PCI-DSS Self-Assessment Completion Steps:
1. Confirm by review of the eligibility criteria in this SAQ and the Self-Assessment Questionnaire Instructions and Guidelines document on the PCI SSC website that this is the correct SAQ for the merchant’s environment.
2. Confirm that the merchant environment is properly scoped.
3. Assess the environment for compliance with PCI DSS requirements.
4. Complete all sections of this document:
- Section 1: Assessment Information (Parts 1 & 2 of the Attestation of Compliance (AOC) – Contact Information and Executive Summary).
- Section 2: Self-Assessment Questionnaire C-VT.
- Section 3: Validation and Attestation Details (Parts 3 & 4 of the AOC – PCI DSS Validation and Action Plan for Non-Compliant Requirements (if Part 4 is applicable)).
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Type||Laws or related obligations|