Spam Act 2003
his download includes the Spam Act 2003 only so there are no mapped questions. Use this download if you just want the provisions and you want to create your own question set.
This is a compilation of the Spam Act 2003 that shows the text of the law as amended and in force on 10 March 2016.
The following is a simplified outline of this Act:
- This Act sets up a scheme for regulating commercial email and other types of commercial electronic messages.
- Unsolicited commercial electronic messages must not be sent.
- Commercial electronic messages must include information about the individual or organisation that authorised the sending of the message.
- Commercial electronic messages must contain a functional unsubscribe facility.
- Address‑harvesting software must not be supplied, acquired or used.
- An electronic address list produced using address‑harvesting software must not be supplied, acquired or used.
- The main remedies for breaches of this Act are civil penalties and injunctions.
Getting StartedClick "Book a demo" and our team will provide you with an overview of our content library within the 6clicks GRC platform.
|Type||Laws or related obligations|