Victorian Protective Data Security Standards 2.0 (VPDSS)
This download includes the VPDSS Elements only so there are no mapped questions. Use this download if you just want the provisions and you want to create your own question set.
The Victorian Protective Data Security Standards (VPDSS) establish 12 high level mandatory requirements to protect public sector information across all security areas including governance, information, personnel, Information Communications Technology (ICT) and physical security.
The VPDSS are consistent with national and international standards and describe the Victorian Government’s approach to protecting public sector information. They focus on the outcomes that are required to enable efficient, effective and economic investment in security measures through a risk-managed approach.
The VPDSS (v2) includes 95 Elements across 12 high level sections (standards) as follows:
- Standard 1 – Information Security Management Framework
- Standard 2 – Information Security Value
- Standard 3 – Information Security Risk Management
- Standard 4 – Information Access
- Standard 5 – Information Security Obligations
- Standard 6 – Information Security Incident Management
- Standard 7 – Information Security Aspects of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Standard 8 – Third Party Arrangements
- Standard 9 – Information Security Reporting to OVIC
- Standard 10 – Personnel Security
- Standard 11 – Information Communications Technology (ICT) Security
- Standard 12 – Physical Security
Getting StartedEnter your getting started instructions here
|Type||Laws or related obligations|